Bill Fanta (President), Lee Frisch, Genie Shefl (Secretary), Mitch Nelson, Tim Becker, Carrie Williamson (Vice-President), Jara Fanta, Anne Dufek, Dave Condon.
Nature and Purpose
Our Parish Pastoral Council is a consultative body of parishioners who share with our pastor in providing vision and direction to our parish. As a Council, we acknowledge our origins in the Second Vatican Council and we act in accord with universal and archdiocesan church norms.
Our principal Council responsibilities are:
- To provide consultation to the pastor in promoting the mission of the parish.
- In accord with Canon 531 of the Code of Canon Law, the Parish Council assumes the responsibilities of the Finance Council.
- To plan, set parish goals and see that they are implemented
- To take responsibility for the ongoing renewal of parish life and call forth the gifts of individuals and groups in the faith community
- To listen to the views of the people of the parish and to ensure mutual communication between the Council and the parishioners.
- To cooperate with other parishes and the archdiocese in the broader mission of the church.
- To give special attention to the movement of the Holy Spirit in all of our deliberations and actions through prayer and continuing education.